Wednesday, February 14, 2018

How about an {Un}-Love Story for Valentines Day...let's call it ...Space #17.




I LOOOOVE this man...I do. He is my favorite person on the planet...in the universe!
I couldn't live without him...he makes life so much better.

But....like every couple in God's creation, there are things that annoy us about each other!
Today, on this holiday of love..I will share with you of one of the things that annoys me to no end...
...since it is such a recent happening. Recent like..last night!

Now..we have had an ongoing argument about this subject for most of
our {almost 21 years} of marriage.

Liz needs to run into the store for something quickly....Jeff drops Liz off at front door of store...
...then Jeff proceeds to drive the car to the very back of the parking lot where he will then wait.

Winter.Spring.Summer.Fall...
..I would stand searching while freezing, sweating or getting drizzled on.
{I'm sure there were nice days mixed in...but today, let's focus on the negative, okay?
..it makes for a much more dramatic story.}

Pre- cell phones, post children, he would put the kids on "Mom watch"...then he would take a nap.
He would pay the first child to spot me, a quarter.
Yes..I am being serious.

Now that we have cell phones....he tells me to text him while I'm in line,
to let him know I'll be coming out soon...
...that way he'll have time to shave, shower, drink a cup of coffee, do our taxes and
whatever else it is he does in the waaaaaaay back of the parking lot while he waits.

I once forgot to text while in line and had to reach into my pocket for the phone...
..it slipped out of my hand because I was also juggling bags and
my phone crashed onto the sidewalk, screen side down and broke!
Of course it was Jeff's fault..he didn't see it that way...
...but that's another marriage story for another time. {wink!}

Sooo...let's talk about last night.
I had to run into Target for a few things.
Jeff dropped me off at the door of Target and went to the car wash across the street.

I finished in the store...then while standing in line sent off my..
"I'm in line"  text. Then..."Checking out" text. I wasn't getting any response.

I walked outside....looked around...sent another text. "I'm outside..."


Exhibit A


As you can see in Exhibit A....my husband and my Nissan Armada
were parked in the back of the lot. Space number 17 to be exact.

After a minute, which felt like 10... I started to walk aaaaaallll the way to the car.
Yes, I counted as I walked...stop judging!

I saw he was changing the back windshield wiper...hence no answer.

It was no big deal..but of course, what was flashing through my head?
..."He can't change the stupid thing in space number 1? 2? 3? The lot is practically empty!
It's late at night..the store is closing!!!"

He was getting back into the car as I came pushing a full cart
to the back of the car in the big empty lot.

I wasn't sure if he saw me as I was saying.. "Hey..Jeff.."
I pushed the button to open the back door at the same time as.....


Exhibit B

...he drove away toward the FRONT of the store leaving me stranded in Space#17.
He didn't hear me...please note Exhibit B.

I called him on the phone to let him know he drove away and left me in the back.

He was laughing...which then of course made me laugh.
...and I'm sure for anyone watching it was hilarious.
I know if I had witnessed such a scene, I would have been laughing as well!

{I will say though...had this situation been reversed and I was in the driver's seat...
..and Jeff was the one with the cart..I'm not sure how funny he would have thought this to be..}

It drives me CRAZY that he always has to go to the last parking spot while he waits!
Why? I ask....

...as he asks...Why can't my wife be on time for once?
{again..another story for another time..}

Now all of you men {and perhaps a few wives} are probably wanting to say to me..
Hey, at least he drops you off at the door and picks you back up. What a gentleman.

While yes, this is true and he really, truly is always a gentleman and I am thankful...
...I'm still annoyed at the in between! I would gladly walk to a "normal" parking spot!

Join us next time for another {Un}-Love story,
when we discuss how people clog shower drains with hair because they don't use the little
metal thing Jeff bought to put into the drain to stop clogs.
*cough*...or maybe not.

HaPpY Valentines Day!!!
XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment