Friday, February 2, 2018

Wrapping up the week....with last weekend and now I'm dreaming of Chicago pizza.


One of my favorite times to have a weekend in Chicago is mid-winter.
Lines are short. Clearance sales are fantastic. Hotels are cheap!!! and parks are empty.
...and sometimes you're blessed to have amazing weather like we did!
Saturday was 59 degrees! in January! We'll take it.

Last weekend while Jeff and the older boys had a "man's weekend" with his brother
and his nephew, I took the girls {and Frankie} down to the city.

We hopped on the train Friday evening and stayed until Sunday afternoon.
We walked and walked...and ate doughnuts and pizza.

We made a deals like...
I could stay in Anthropologie for as long as I wanted, trying on as many things as I wanted...
{I found the best jeans and the loveliest mugs}
..and they could stay in Dylan's Candy Bar as long as they wanted,
looking at the exact same candy that is there every.single.time. we visit the store. ;)

{Thanks to everyone who gave us gift cards for Christmas....
...our weekend hardly cost a thing! Ha!}





Elevator and cab rides were pretty much the highlight for the littlest.

"Can we take a taxi?..I've never been in one." {he has had many cab rides by the way..haha}
"Didn't you just ride in one last night?"
"Yes, but not a green one..I've never been in a green one." Now that is true.
We did not wait for a green one. ;) ..maybe next time.












I am laughing way to hard at this.
{thanks Nicole}

Cute little love song I've been listening to all week.

I am a Chicago style pizza lover... first time eating here.
I was impressed.

Something I've been thinking about today...
Jeff this morning sent me a question from the commentary in his devotion..
"When we pray, do we go to God as a customer of His or a child of His?
Ouch! I think I often go as a customer.
How easy it is to become selfish in life and in our prayer life.
We need to remember Who we are talking to when we pray.
The King of the universe.

Hope you have a great weekend.
We are expecting a big snowstorm..and I'm looking forward to it.

HaPpY Friday.
XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment